Saturday 11 July 2015

I’m destined to be a robber – 17-year-old robbery suspect tells police

Two teenagers, Sani Harry and Muhammed Yahaya, arrested by the Police in Kwara State for allegedly robbing people with a cutlass, have said it is their destiny to become robbers. The suspects, who claimed to be herdsmen and farmers, however, were remorseful enough to warn other youths like themselves to steer clear of robbery and other crimes. 17-year-old Harry said he was destined to be a robber and as such he could not resist the temptation. He said, “It is destiny that made me to start robbing people. The temptation just came in a strong way. I just did it without knowing why I did it. I have never killed anybody. We normally rob with cutlasses and sticks. I regret my action now. I will not do it again.” Yahaya on the other hand, expressed remorse for robbing people. He also promised that he would never get involved in robbery if he was pardoned and released.

No comments:

Post a Comment